Wednesday 12 June 2013

Back to brunette

So after nearly a year and a half of rocking the ombré trend, I decided to finally kick it to the curb and go back to my roots (See what I did there? ;) )

I've had ombré in my hair since February 2012,at the time it was just kicking off in the fashion world with celebrities like Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel and Ashley Simpson dawning the look. The hairstyle was accompanied by a relaxed attitude and a very low maintenance style, which allowed this look to become so popular.

After a few short months, the style rocketed into the fashion world taking storm over tumblr and giving so-called hipsters a new medium to experiment with. People began to add different colours to the ends of their hair, in turn tye-dye also began to creep back into our lives. After the release of the ombré home colour kit, the hairstyle was nearly on every Tom, Dick and Harry in the country! It wasn't long until some quirky designers decided to put the trend on the catwalk, however this time it wasn't through their hair, it was through their clothes. The ombré craze was everywhere during A/W 12, and also filtered through to Spring/Summer 2013, however I think it's now time to let the trend bow out with grace and for the sake of all our sanity, leave it in the past.

After seeing a few questionable celebrities' ombré dos, ahem Caroline Flack..ahem, I decided to give it the boot and go back to my original brunette-self. While most people would rather give their left arm than go dark during Summer, I went against status-quo (so hipstaaa) and went for a mocha-brown colour. Needless to say, I think I made the right decision. Not only is my hair in much better condition, it's also easier to manage and the colour works with my complexion perfectly.

If you're thinking about saying goodbye to your ombré locks, I say go for it!





                                                                      Before and after pics :)



              -Orlaith :) xoxo
                       
                                                                                                         

                                                                           facebook | twitter | bloglovin' | instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment